Lolita 52 Challenge: Vol. 13 - What's In My Makeup Bag



   Hello everyone! ♥  ♥  This is my thirteenth post for the Lolita 52 Challenge created by +Caro Dee of FYeah Lolita.  If you love lolita fashion go check out the list .  It is plenty of fun to blog about or to use as conversation starters at meet ups.  Each Saturday I will answer one of the questions on the list.  Last week I talked about Lolitafying Things In My Everyday Life.  This week I am talking about number twenty four,  what's in my makeup bag.  If you'd like to see the rest of my answers they are all listed under my Lolita 52 Challenge tag.

The Bag

    Here is where I keep my make up most of the time.

    I have several bags.  Some switch between being toiletry travel bags and makeup bags.  I should like to get something cute, in the future, that will just hold all my makeup and keep it organized.  The stripped bag is the on the go makeup bag.  Anything I might use throughout the day or on a short trip will go in there.  

The Basics


  1.  A big store-brand brush.  I use it to apply my powder and sometimes my blush.  
  2.  Cover Girl truBLEND Pressed Powder in translucent 
  3.  Revlon® ColorStay™ Liquid Liner in Black Brown.
  4.  Cover Girl Instant Cheekbones Contouring Blush in Refined Rose
  5.  Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35 in Fair or Fair light.  This is easily the most expensive piece of makeup I get.  

The Lips


    These are my lip color options.  I have been having fun mixing them and getting new colors.
  1. Wet n Wild Perfectly Pout Lip Color in Pagan Angel
  2.  Cover Girl Continuous Color Lipstick in Iceblue Pink
  3.  Cover Girl Continuous Color Lipstick in possibly Rose Quartz.  The label is illegible, I've had it so long.   
  4. NatureLuxe Gloss Balm in Thistle. Sadly it has been discontinued.  
  5. Wet n Wild megalast Liquid Lip Color in Red My Mind

The Favorites or Empties 


    These are the items that I have bought multiple times or have at least tried.
  1. This is that unknown color.  Has to take it to the lady in cosmetics, because the label had faded and I wanted more.  We picked the wrong color to replace it, but I love the Iceblue Pink also.  This one is a great standard pink for me, so it is easy to throw on and head out the door.  
  2. I fell in love with this great BB cream.  It has great coverage and if I have any blemishes or red spots I can dab a little on the area and voila it acts like concealer.  
  3. I have thought of trying other eye liners but this one does  double duty for me.  I use it both as an eye liner and to apply my beauty mark.  It is small enough that I can do tiny little hearts or spades.  
  4. This is my choice for mascara.  Cover Girl Professional Natural Lash Mascara.  It is clear so there is no running what so ever.  

Eye Shadows 


    I like to have color options for my eyes.  I need more neutrals though.  I'd also like to get some nice brushes to use for my shadows.

Those Last Details


  1. I buy my lashes at the makeup stores in the area.  I like the look of the brown lashes which are more difficult to find.  
  2. I don't have a special brand of eyelash glue.  So far as long as it works I am happy.  And it is great for all the things in this picture.  
  3. Beauty patches from Vivcore.  I need to get more of these.  They come in different colors and shapes.  They are great!  I love them!  
  4. These are nail appliques, but I bought them for an 80's themed party I went to.  I use them to look like false piercings, usually on the side of my nose.  It's a fun detail and I have tricked several people with them.  
    Well that is what is in my makeup bag.  I am not super makeup savvy, but I am getting better and better with practice.  What is in your makeup bag? 

Comments