Lolita 52 Challenge: Vol. 17 - Bloomers or no bloomers?


   Hello everyone! ♥  ♥  This is my seventeenth post for the Lolita 52 Challenge created by +Caro Dee of FYeah Lolita.  If you love lolita fashion go check out the list .  It is plenty of fun to blog about or to use as conversation starters at meet ups.  Each Saturday I will answer one of the questions on the list.  The week before last I talked about Combining Other Fashions With Lolita.  This week I am talking about number twelve eight,  Bloomers or no bloomers?  If you'd like to see the rest of my answers they are all listed under my Lolita 52 Challenge tag.

    For me personally this is an easy one to answer.  If you haven’t wondered about the name of my blog.  Petticoat Pedaler.  I am a lolita that rides their bicycle in lolita.  I am on a bike flying down the streets my skirt hem and the lace of my petticoat ruffling in the wind.  Not to mention it is super windy in my town.  I sure as heck wear bloomers.  Even better mine have elastic in the legs at the bottom.  This is great because when I ride I don’t want my skirt to fly up as I am riding.  I tuck the front hem of my dress into both legs just enough that it stays down.  And there is one of my tips for riding a bicycle in lolita.

    At large I would say that bloomers are an essential piece for any lolita.  They keep other people from seeing your under under garments.  (I think of undergarments in layers.  Panties and bras being the bottom layer)  They also add a little bit of poof to your outfit.  Poof is essential to the aesthetic of lolita.  At least with most outfits.

    And you don’t have to spend a lot of money on bloomers either.  Sure there are some really cute ones out there.  But bloomers, ideally, are not really meant to be seen.  And this is one of a few reasons that I think they are a great place to start if you are learning to sew and would like to make some of your own lolita wardrobe.  Evangesews has a great and simple tutorial.



    You can use simple inexpensive fabric or even have a fun pattern on them for the sake of silliness.  I even wear mine as pajama bottoms sometimes.  But that is my opoinion on bloomers.  What are you're thoughts on bloomers?  

Comments