Lolita 52 Challenge: Vol. 24 - How Satisfied I Am With My Current Wardrobe


   Hello there! ♥  ♥  This is my twenty forth post for the Lolita 52 Challenge created by +Caro Dee of FYeah Lolita.  If you love lolita fashion, go check out the list along with the rest of Caro's blog.  It is fun to blog about or to use as conversation starters at meet ups.  Each Saturday I will answer one of the questions on the list.  Last time I talked about How long it took me to build a complete wardrobe.  This week I am talking about number twenty,  How satisfied I am with my current wardrobe.  If you'd like to see the rest of my answers they are all listed under my Lolita 52 Challenge tag.

    I am both happy with my current wardrobe and not happy.  With two dresses and two skirts I have a small but nice collection of coords I can wear.  But I'd like some new things and I have a third skirt that no longer fits.  (I made it myself and it isn't good enough to go through the trouble of re-sizing it.  Plus I have an unreasonable fear of working with waistbands. lol)

    I also got a pair of capris last year that needed to be re-sized.  I was going to take them to a tailor, but due to an injury my weight started changing and I have been waiting for it to stabilized before paying to have the pants fixed.  They are so cute too.  I'd really love to get into dandy and prince style.  It would be an excellent way to still enjoy lolita fashion when I am feeling and presenting more masculine.

    I had my eye on a dress I wanted to snag this year, but finances just haven't been my friend.  (partly my fault, but also due to the weird hours I have been getting at my day job)  It is a darling +Hell Bunny dress with foxies on it.  I love foxes, they are so cute.  ♥  Look how cute it is!  There is even a matching cardigan.  ♥  I am sure I have gushed over wanting this dress before, but it has seriously made my dream dress list.  It is a short list.

    I really do love the pieces I have.  I just feel like I need something fresh added to my options.  I am seriously considering trying to make more pieces myself.  I have a few ideas for skirts that I would love to wear.  I really need to start with some simple stuff to get my skill and confidence up.  I have sewn several things before, but I want them to look crisp and well finished.  I need a little more practice with the machine to achieve that.

    There are plenty of tutorials and resources out there.  I just need to make the time and get the materials.
Lolita Tutorials @ F Yeah Lolita
Sew Loli Live Journal Community
    These are two of my go-tos for lolita related sewing information.

    How happy are you with your current wardrobe?

Comments